On January 12, 2016, the Nelson County Board of Supervisors held a public hearing for the planned Spruce Creek Resort and Market. The resort, being developed by our neighbor Richard Averitt, would be located on nearly 100 acres of land to the north of Horizons Village Road (see map below).
According to the permit application, which was approved by the County, the resort will include
- “A destination restaurant featuring local foods;
- A collection of cottages built to highlight various aspects of the natural environment;
- A wellness spa built of small spa cottages for massage and energy work;
- A meeting space designed for both corporate gatherings and small weddings; and
- A market environment that will offer production and/or retail locations for local producers of craft foods, beverages and objects.”
Click here for detailed plans about the resort, submitted to Nelson County as part of the permitting process.
The HVPOA Board will be closely monitoring this project and working with the developers to ensure that any potential impacts to Horizon Village are addressed.
Image source: “Public Hearing for Four (4) Special Use Permits.” Memo from Tim Padalino to Nelson County Board of Supervisors, January 5, 2016.